Sunday, February 8, 2015

Project #15

Search Engines 


Dogpile.com - Dogpile is one the many search engines that I never really use. Supposedly it saves users time by piling so much information in such little time. This search engine works the same as any other search engine such as Google.

Yahoo.com - Yahoo would be my favorite search engine of all time. It provides you with weather updates, news, etc. Very easy to use and also the 2nd largest search engine in the search directory.

WolframAlpha.com - WolframAlpha is another one I've never heard of until now. The search engines to be very helpful and works as a math tutor in my opinion. I will definitely use this next semester when I'm taking Statistics.

Ask.com - Ask is very much like Google. Type in a question and it gives you an answer or something similar to it. I give ask a rating of 3 out of 5.

Bing.com - Similar to Yahoo in a since ,but Bing gives you a much broader search in what you're looking for. Very easy to use.

Cargurus.com - This website would be useful for finding new and used vehicles. It is very useful and easy to maneuver around. I like using this website because it gives you a larger selection of vehicles in your area as well as others.

Gutenberg.com - This search engine is something I just recently started using when the campus bookstore sold out of the novel i needed for my American Literature class. Gutenberg would be most useful for finding eBooks free on line.

WOW.com - A search engine made by Google, I guess that would mean they would have similar techniques . So it pretty much does the same thing as Google but I don't think It is as popular as google.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment