Sunday, January 18, 2015

Practice Blog Post


  • About Me
  • Hobbies
  • Why South?
  • Education 
 My name is Randy Rayford. I am twenty years old and I was born and raised in a small town called Prattville, AL about 10 miles from the state's capital. I have two sisters Brandi (17) and Miah (14)  surprisingly we are all 3 years apart from one another. I also have a 1 year old puppy named Izzy whom my best friend Josh and I drove almost 10 hrs  to go pick up. I'm a sophomore transfer student from the University of West Georgia . My goal is to major in secondary education and minor in English.



My top favorite things to do would have to be traveling, fishing and having a good time. Living life to the utmost fullest is what keeps me sane.  How I happen to be attending South is a long story but let's just say I moved to Mobile to be closer to my family. I entered the field of education for two main reasons, one is because there Is a demand for male teachers not just in Alabama but all over the United States. Two, is because if you think about it more and more households in America are being run by single mothers. That means some kids don't have that positive father figure and or role model whom they can relate to, I know for one I didn't especially growing up. My father cherished his job and career more than he did family so those are the reasons why I entered the field of education.



When I hear educator's work in the 21st century, I immediately think about technology. It's something that is more prevalent in today's time then when I was growing up or even my mother's childhood for that matter. 

1 comment:

  1. I like how your going into education to help solve a problem that you see evident and that you yourself dealt with. And it is true that there aren't many male teachers out there and the ones I had were some of my favorites in high school. I went to Hoover High School, so of course I instantly knew where Prattville was since we played you all in football almost every year for the State Championship!

    ReplyDelete