Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blog Post #8




8 years ago, a science professor named Randy Pausch from Carnegie Mellon University left us with a very powerful lecture that inspired a lot of people all over the world. He talked about achieving ones dreams and never giving up. And also that If we want things in life we must work just as hard to get those things. That was the topic that stood out to me the most. I think as future educators we can all learn from Randy Pausch whether it's dealing with everyday things in life or his way of teaching using PBL's which is not only effective but a great way to teach our students other than just going by the lesson plans the state gives us. Another thing that I gathered from this intelligent man is that just because we are in leadership doesn't mean that we know everything. Back to the discussion I had on a previous blog post, there will be times where our students may know things that we don't know. We should let that be a learning process for the both of us. 


2 comments:

  1. I loved this video. If I were a professor, I would start off with this video on the first day of class. I liked how you referenced this video with PBL. I never thought to make that connection. Good blog post!

    ReplyDelete